Cleveland Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Attorneys
Holding Nursing Homes Accountable: Abuse And Neglect Cases
Nursing home abuse is far too prevalent across the country, including Ohio. Understaffing, overcrowding, insufficient training and inadequate abuse prevention measures contribute to the problem. Unfortunately, for many families, the abuse or neglect doesn’t come to light until their loved one has already suffered serious harm.
At Novak LLP in Cleveland, we are dedicated to holding nursing homes accountable for elder abuse and neglect. We believe that every nursing home resident — whether a senior or younger person with disabilities — deserves to be treated with the highest level of care and dignity. When that doesn’t happen, we are committed to seeking justice for victims and their loved ones.
Our Cleveland nursing home abuse & negligence attorneys handle nursing home abuse and neglect cases involving:
- Fractures, broken bones or hip injuries due to falls and inadequate supervision
- Bed sores caused by failure by nursing home staff to properly reposition residents who are confined to beds
- Malnutrition or dehydration of residents due to failure to assist with eating or drinking
- Medication errors such as not providing a required medication or providing the incorrect medication
- Rape, sexual assault or physical abuse of nursing home residents
How Could This Have Happened?
After discovering that a nightmare scenario has become real for your loved one, your first question is likely, “Why?” How could this have happened?
The first step toward getting answers is gathering evidence. We will comb all available records to find out why and how the abuse occurred. We will conduct a thorough investigation to get to the bottom of what happened.
By taking great care in gathering supporting evidence, our nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys will build a case that makes our point clear: The act of nursing home neglect or abuse could have been prevented. Our goal is to ensure the case has the strength to achieve the maximum compensation for the harm that has been caused to your elderly loved one.